Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
- Provide individual and group counseling to help students adjust to their disability
- Evaluate students’ abilities, interests, experiences, skills, health and education
- Develop a treatment plan in consultation with other professionals, such as doctors, therapists, and psychologists
- Create rehabilitation or treatment plans based on students’ values, strengths, limitations, and goals
- Arrange for students to obtain services, such as medical care or career training
- Help employers understand the needs and abilities of people with disabilities, as well as laws and resources that impact people with disabilities
- Assist students in creating strategies to develop their strengths and adjust to their limitations
- Locate resources, such as wheelchairs or computer programs, that help clients live and work more independently
- Monitor students progress and adjust the rehabilitation or treatment plan as necessary
- Advocate for the rights of people with disabilities to live in the community and work in the job of their choice
- Evaluate professional diagnostic data to determine eligibility and required rehabilitation services
- Monitor the student's progress throughout the service delivery process
- Provides vocational rehabilitation services to disabled individuals in order to facilitate their employment and/or reemployment
- Work directly with community partners in order to assist individuals with disabilities in becoming suitably employed
- Document service delivery and case progress in the case management system as required by agency policy
- Teaches basic vocational skills and leads groups that are composed of individuals with vastly diverse cultural, educational, emotional, physical and mental abilities and backgrounds; develops and administers appropriate job samples to determine learning ability, reaction to supervision, work with peers, work tolerances, physical tolerances and endurance.
- Master Degree in Human Services, Social Work, and or Rehabilitation Counseling or related field.
- 3 years of relevant, comparable experience
LMSW, LCSW-C, LGPC, LCPC preferred
Higher education experience also preferred
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...