Vice Provost for Faculty Success
University of North Texas
The University of North Texas is conducting a national search for the Vice Provost for Faculty Success. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Vice Provost provides strategic and operational leadership in overseeing the universityís faculty, thereby building and strengthening the academic mission. The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader with the ability and vision to continue UNTís upward trajectory by strengthening the quality of our faculty, by providing outstanding support and development.
About the University
Located in Denton, Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, The University of North Texas is a Carnegie Tier One Research University educating more than 38,000 students. The university has 103 bachelors, 86 masterís and 38 doctoral degree programs, 72 of which are ranked in the top 100. We are big because we understand the power of higher education to lift lives and livelihoods, creating stronger communities and contributing to a strong society.
We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion. In the Fall of 2018, the university met one of its diversity goals expanding the diversity of its student body (24% Hispanic, 14% Black, 7% Asian, 1% American Indian, 6% international and 45% Caucasian) and will be applying for Minority Serving Institution status in the near future.
UNT believes in the power of a caring and creative community, preparing students for careers in a rapidly changing world. UNT is celebrated as the stateís most creative public university, nationally recognized for its excellence in the arts. UNT strives to be a diverse and inclusive institution creating knowledge and innovations that will shape the future, while cultivating excellence in the next generation of scholars and leaders for the global community.
About the Office for Faculty Success
Our high-quality faculty is a hallmark of the University of North Texasís success. Our faculty are creative and caring, supporting our studentsí development and the research enterprise Ė making them one of the most valuable resources on our campus. At UNT, we believe that it is our responsibility to provide ongoing and careful attention to our more than 1,700 faculty members.
The Office for Faculty Success is responsible for and supports numerous programs to ensure that faculty are successful in their teaching, scholarly, and leadership endeavors.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing effective programming, services, and access to resources for faculty across all ranks;
- Accelerating the development of UNT's leadership team and maximizing institutional effectiveness;
- Fostering recognition of faculty internally, nationally, and internationally for teaching, scholarship, and community outreach;
- Developing effective communication networks;
- Monitoring and improving campus climate;
- Ensuring the recruitment and retention of a diverse and talented faculty;
- Coordinating closely with university offices and colleges; and
- Serving as information resource for faculty and administrators.
The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding capacity to provide leadership for the Office for Faculty Success, a demonstrated record of recruiting and retaining faculty, a commitment to the principles and practices of shared governance, and a strong commitment to diversity.
- It is required that the candidate meet standards for appointment at full professor rank;
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to promoting faculty collaboration and engagement;
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- A record of successful leadership experience;
- A record of accomplishments that demonstrate academic excellence and intellectual distinction and an appreciation of the varied disciplines and functions that compose the rich academic tapestry of a comprehensive research university;
- Experience with the professional development of faculty;
- Knowledge in academic promotion and tenure;
- A record as a strong advocate for the development of faculty;
- Budget and personnel management experience necessary to administer the affairs of the Office for Faculty Success and interact effectively with other University administrative officers;
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and sustaining innovative programs that foster and value excellence in teaching, research, service;
- A belief in the promise of scale and excellence; and
- The ability to inspire others.
The Search Committee invites letters of nomination, applications (letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information of at least three references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search committee chair. Apply online: https://facultyjobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53496
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of North Texas and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com