Associate Dean for Academic Programs
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Associate Dean of Academic Programs Opportunity:
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) is seeking a dynamic, mission-minded, academic leader to maintain and grow the reputation of the College of Nursing as a regional, national, and international leader in nursing education. The duties of the Associate Dean for Academic Programs contribute in the effort to further the mission of UAMS: To improve the health, healthcare, and well-being of Arkansans and of others in the region, nation, and world.
The person in this position serves as a vital partner in framing the strategic direction for the educational mission of the institution and College of Nursing. The Associate Dean for Academic Programs collaborates with academic associate deans across UAMS, the Provostís Office, and academic, clinical, and regulatory agencies within the state and region. As an integral member of the College of Nursing executive leadership team, the Associate Dean for Academic Programs reports directly to the Dean of the UAMS College of Nursing.
All inquiries, nominations, and applications for the position are welcome.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Formulate, in conjunction with the faculty and administration, a clear vision and strategic plan for our academic mission.
- Provide leadership for the development, implementation, and evaluation of all academic programs within the College of Nursing.
- Lead program approval and accreditation efforts, including coordinating the preparation of various reports (CCNE, AACN, Arkansas Department of Higher Education, Arkansas State Board of Nursing, SREB, etc).
- Oversee activities of the Student Services Office and Innovative Practice Center (IPC) to optimize effectiveness and efficiency.
- In collaboration with the Director of Student Services, develop, implement, and evaluation appropriate processes and procedures for admission, registration, progression, withdrawal and advising of students.
- Participate in UAMS committees/taskforces/councils relevant to the academic mission of the institution and college.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of the Innovative Practice Center to develop, implement, and evaluate evidence-based simulation education efforts within the College of Nursing programs.
- Coordinate revisions of the College of Nursing Faculty Handbook, Student Handbook, and Catalog.
- Review and sign all UAMS College of Nursing affiliation agreements for student clinical experiences, communicating with the College of Nursing program directors, faculty, and UAMS contract services personnel for suggested changes or edits.
- Oversees student background check and drug screen compliance.
- Participate in recruitment, selection, orientation, and retention of faculty for the respective programs and make recommendations to the dean.
- Oversee the process for course, faculty, and program evaluation.
- Lead projects and initiatives as requested by the Dean of the College of Nursing.
- Engage in teaching and scholarly activities appropriate to faculty rank.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Doctoral degree in nursing
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Arkansas
- Teaching experience in graduate and undergraduate nursing programs
- Accreditation experience, leading program accreditation and involvement in institutional accreditation
- Academic leadership experience as a program director, chair, or assistant/associate dean.
- Qualified for faculty appointment in at the rank of Professor or Associate Professor. The ideal candidate will have national recognition as an educator, clinician, research scientist, and/or leader within the nursing profession.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Interested individuals are asked to submit their CV and a letter addressing their experiences that fulfill the criteria for this position to Julian Tunno, Manager of Executive and Faculty Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Julian Tunno by phone at 501-686-2590.
Written nominations, inquiries, and applications (including emails) may be subject to disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
4301 W. Markham St.
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...