Adjunct (Noncredit) Quick Books Instructor
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview: Under the direction of the Director of Business Development in Workforce Development, the Quick Books instructor will instruct, prepare, review, and provide the planning of appropriate lesson plans and activities for the students.
- Conduct lectures that instruct participants about how to use QuickBooks Pro accounting software.
- Provide students with hand-on teaching methods as it relates to setting up chart of accounts for an organization; recording transactions with customers, vendors and employees; managing lists; run sample reports and customize them.
- Collaborate with the director to determine teaching style and delivery of curriculum.
- Evaluate and grade students based on their completion of class.
- Maintain students’ grades and attendance, and report student progress to responsible staff.
- Stay current with required industry certifications and provide current copies of certifications as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the content materials both theory and principle.
• Must have knowledge and experience in applying adult learning principles.
• Ability to identify, critically think, and problem-solve during emergent and daily interactions with students, colleagues, and community partners.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment important.
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
• High School Diploma
• At least 10 years of experience in Business Administration and Bookkeeping
• Personal transportation is required
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for these positions, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com