South Orange County Community College District
Irvine Valley College
Initial Screening Date 05/01/2019
Pay Range: Step 1 = $26.95/hr
Hours per week: 5
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
Under direction from higher level academic and administrative staff, provides accompaniment for music instructional classes, recitals, concerts and other special events; and assists individual students in improving musical skills.
• Methods and techniques of piano accompaniment for a variety of music and musical application.
• Principles and practices of sight reading for piano accompaniment.
• Vocal and instrumental repertoire and technique.
• Music theory, including harmony and notation.
• Proper diction and understanding of foreign languages.
Methods and techniques of piano accompaniment for a variety of music and musical application. Principles and practices of sight reading for piano accompaniment. Vocal and instrumental repertoire and technique. Music theory, including harmony and notation. Proper diction and understanding of foreign languages.
• Play advanced piano pieces.
• Explain and instruct students on theoretical concepts and musical techniques.
• Sight-read a variety of music.
• Play music in a variety of different keys.
• Follow vocalist/instrumentalist in rehearsals and performance.
• Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in music or a related field.
Two years of experience in piano accompaniment and music assistance.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the South Orange County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com