Assistant Professor in Literacy Education
Central Connecticut State University
Central Connecticut State University’s Department of Literacy, Elementary, and Early Childhood Education University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Literacy Education. This is a tenure track position with a starting date in August 2019.
Responsibilities of this position include: teaching literacy education courses (undergraduate and graduate); academic advising; research activities and service to professional organizations in the literacy field; service contributions to Department and University; collaboration with university colleagues, PreK-12 teachers, and community partners; support of accreditation, student certification, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Doctorate in Literacy Education, or in Curriculum & Instruction or other education related field with emphasis in literacy education
- Experience in PreK-12 public schools
- Experience with diverse student populations, including English learners and struggling readers/writers
- University teaching experience
- Evidence of active research agenda or research potential.
- Teaching experience in PreK-6
- Literacy diagnosis and intervention for specialized populations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver hybrid or online courses
- Professional publications.
Application and Appointment: For full consideration, applications must be received by July 9, 2019. Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please electronically submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest addressing the responsibilities and qualifications for this position
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching & research statement
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation.
Mailed applications will not be accepted.
Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted.
For more information email the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Julia Kara-Soteriou at email@example.com
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Central Connecticut State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com