Sr. Director, Strategic Marketing and Recruitment
University of Wisconsin Extended Campus
The Senior Director of Strategic Marketing and Recruitment works collaboratively in support of the mission and goals of UW Extended Campus by being a leader and decision-maker in all facets related to marketing, communications and enrollment for the UW Extended Campus online programs. The Senior Director will be primarily responsible for establishing, implementing and continuously improving a data-informed and systematic approach to strategic marketing management and student recruitment within the current and growing UWEX program array. The person in this role collaborates and works directly with other senior leaders on developing marketing, recruitment and enrollment strategies, as well as setting lead and enrollment objectives. The senior director is also accountable for brand strategy, content strategy, market research, and student recruitment.
Successful candidates have experience managing and mentoring mid-level managers and professional staff, developing a strategic vision, and using data to drive decision-making as a subject matter expert. The Senior Director will strategically and creatively lead the marketing and recruitment team to execute precise, tactical operations and campaigns that will lead to goal achievement and result in increased participation in UW Extended Campus programs. The person will be a member of the senior leadership team of UW Extended Campus.
Marketing and Recruitment
- Develops, implements and evaluates the marketing and recruitment targets and plans, and leads the team to achieve performance goals
- Develops and manages practices to build the brand and assure adherence to brand standards, consistency of communications and effectiveness of marketing and recruitment plans and tactics
- Researches and evaluates education markets to understand trends, forecast future directions and identify competitors and develop actions that seek out new market and enrollment growth opportunities
- Develops marketing and recruitment management information system and reporting to ensure action and alignment with performance goals
- Creates and enhances visibility of programs through public relations, social media, and a variety of standard and innovative channels
- Actively participates in institutional strategic planning and decision making as a member of the UW Extended Campus senior leadership team
- Serves as subject matter expert, advises institutional leaders, and serves as liaison among internal and external stakeholder groups in marketing and recruitment functions
- Designs, implements and continuously evaluates strategic recruitment plans with input from internal and external stakeholders, defines resources requirements and establishes goals and budget to ensure appropriate use of financial, technology, administrative, and staffing resources, and achievement of goals aligned with the organization’s strategic plan
- Bachelor's Degree in, Marketing, Business Administration, Higher Education Administration, or related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in developing, implementing and leading strategic marketing efforts in higher education
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Higher Education Administration, or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in developing, implementing and leading a comprehensive strategic marketing and enrollment
- Experience with online adult education programming and students
- Experience integrating market research and competitive information into the marketing planning process
- Experience with CRM Platforms, Google Analytics, and Marketing Automation
- Experience working with vendors for creative services and marketing technology
- Experience with the use and implementation of social, mobile and digital media
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a higher education setting. Ability to work with leadership, staff, faculty, outside partners and others
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills; self-starter
- Extensive knowledge of CRM platforms, marketing automation services, Google Analytics and other new or emerging technology in the field of marketing and enrollment
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies, including prospective student management, marketing, and targeted recruitment efforts
- Knowledge of adult student market trends, expectations and demographics
Information and Application Process Instructions
How To Apply
A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing applicant qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
- A professional resume.
- References will be requested if selected as a finalist. References must include names, email, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references including at least one current or past supervisor.
To Ensure Consideration
For assured consideration, complete applications must be submitted by May 27, 2019.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Wisconsin Extended Campus and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
5602 Research Park Blvd
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...