Admissions Support Specialist
D'Youville College Located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY, D'Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
D'Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success. The College seeks a dynamic Admissions Support Specialist and team member.
Founded in 1908, D'Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. Honoring its Catholic heritage and longstanding commitment to service, D'Youville welcomes students from every culture, faith and background. The College seeks a vice president who understands the changing landscape of higher education, and who can provide compelling leadership for inclusive excellence as we strive to expand opportunity to diverse learners, including adults, first generation, low income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Buffalo, the second largest city in New York, is home to 21 institutions of higher education, world renowned cultural attractions, two major and two minor league professional sports teams, and year-round outdoor activities. D'Youville is located in close proximity to Lake Erie, Niagara Falls, and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
D'Youville's School of Health Professions is one of the largest on the campus, housing 8 departments that offer certificate, undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. With a dedicated and engaged faculty committed to academic excellence and an inclusive environment for teaching and learning, the school embraces curricular innovation with a focus on inter-professional education. The school promotes scholarship among its faculty and students and is committed to maintaining a footprint of service that honors the spirit of Marguerite D'Youville. The school welcomes applications from dynamic, energized and committed persons who are ready to be a vital member of our team.
Individual will support the admission process for Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant departments. This will include managing the application files and data within the Centralized Application Service (CAS) systems; organizing the applicant pool into useable reports for department faculty, and communicating routinely with the public, the academic departments and the admissions staff.
- Assist each department with public inquiries regarding admission
- Review all CAS applications and determine eligibility for review by faculty after initial GPA review by the appropriate admissions office
- Complete the evaluation sheet for each CAS application to the program
- Act as the primary contact and liaison to CAS and the undergraduate/graduate admissions office at D'Youville
- Create reports from CAS data for department faculty
- Update CAS database throughout the review process
- Prepares interview files for faculty review as applicable
- Prepare advisement scheduling for students entering the program
- Support faculty with new student orientations
- Maintain communication with accepted students during the pre-matriculation phase
- Monitoring accepted student files for admission requirement completion
- Assist departments with admission data for accreditation purposes
- Handle specials projects as assigned
APPLY HERE: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2462355&B_ID=91&fid=1&SearchScreenID=10059&ssbgcolor=#FFFFFF
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com