Assistant Director of Veterans Services
D'Youville invites nominations for, and inquiries and applications from, individuals interested in taking on an opportunity as an Assistant Director of Veterans Services. Located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY, D'Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
D'Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success. D'Youville seeks a dynamic Assistant Director of Veterans Services and team member who will lead strategic visioning, and support of the D’Youville’s initiatives, programs, and students.
Founded in 1908, D'Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. Honoring its Catholic heritage and longstanding commitment to service, D'Youville welcomes students from every culture, faith and background. The College seeks a vice president who understands the changing landscape of higher education, and who can provide compelling leadership for inclusive excellence as we strive to expand opportunity to diverse learners, including adults, first generation, low income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Buffalo, the second largest city in New York, is home to 21 institutions of higher education, world renowned cultural attractions, two major and two minor league professional sports teams, and year-round outdoor activities. D'Youville is located in close proximity to Lake Erie, Niagara Falls, and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Assistant Director of Veterans Services will report directly to the Director of Veterans Services for the college. Responsible for leadership to the Student Veteran Association (SVA) acting as their advisor, maintaining relationships with the SVA efforts.
- Develop and maintain a data base of veterans enrolled at the college.
- Assist veteran students with financial aid questions and issues.
- Assist veterans in applying for their educational benefits.
- Provide guidance to veteran students on academic pathways to individual career goals.
- Assist in the supervision of VA work-study students and the maintenance of records pertinent to same.
- Assist in the certification of enrollment forms for veteran students claiming their GI Bill benefits.
- Assist and advise SVA on activities and fund-raising events
- Any and all other duties related to veteran education as determined and assigned by the director of veteran services.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com