IT Process Improvement Manager
- Identify and implement process improvement efforts for D'Youville College within the Company framework and within sound process improvement accepted disciplines and practices. Take responsibility and accountability for the successful utilization and results of the Performance Excellence Management Program within D'Youville College.
- Identify, plan and implement key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time by reducing wasted time, scrap, rework, etc. resulting in significant business improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for targeting completion of process improvement projects within a specified time frame while achieving a cost reduction goal.
- Develop and co-ordinate the performance excellence / performance improvement vision and deployment planning as defined by the Executive Team.
- Achieve buy-in from all decision makers for the successful application of performance excellence / performance improvement. Create team processes for optimizing results.
- Actively lead projects and provide individual contributions after key projects have been identified.
- Liaison with finance and other members of the organization in assessing, tracking and reporting the financial benefit of a Performance Excellence project.
- Provide management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives.
- Coordinate communication activities and the process and results by publicizing goals, plans, progress and results.
- Other duties as directed.
- Excellence Demonstrates the highest quality of work.
- Compassion Treats internal and external customers with empathy and respect.
- Service Attends to the needs and best interests of internal and external customers.
- Teamwork Supports effective collaboration and communication in achieving common goals.
- Innovation Offers suggestions for improvement and accepts creative ideas and concepts.
- Integrity Maintains ethical, moral and operational standards and adheres to corporate compliance standards as defined in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Possess critical thinking skills, proficiency in organizing resources and establishing priorities and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to plan and meet both short and long-term goals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Office 365.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- The ability and eagerness to promote a team environment by working in a cooperative and collegial manner with others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Must be able to handle diverse work problems on a daily basis with the ability to resolve problems and handle conflict as part of a team.
- Proven process improvement, business engineering qualifications
- Proven experience in process improvement, leading projects with a record of successful implementation
- Broad strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of world class change management.
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
- Good project management skills.
- Works well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotional issues.
- Associate’s degree in computer science (or related field) preferred
- Six Sigma Training Required
- Driver’s license required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Six Sigma Process Improvement Environment
- May be called upon to work beyond the normal workday.
- Must have good personal hygiene and adhere to corporate dress policy (Business Casual).
Information and Application Process Instructions
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...