Assistant Athletic Training Position
D'Youville invites nominations for, and inquiries and applications from, individuals interested in taking on a transformational leadership opportunity as an Assistant Athletic Trainer. Located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY, D'Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
D'Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success. D'Youville seeks a dynamic Assistant Athletic Trainer and team member who will lead strategic visioning, and support of the D'Youville's initiatives, programs, and students.
D'Youville College, an NCAA Division III institution and member of the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference invites applicants for the full-time, 10-month Assistant Athletic Trainer position. The Assistant will aid the Head Athletic Trainer in the overall medical care of student-athletes. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will be required to work weekends and evenings as contest and practice requires. Duties include, but are not limited to, practice and game coverage, pre-practice treatments, and rehabilitation and prevention of injury programs. This position will report directly to the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Provide the medical services for injuries and illnesses incidental to student-athletes participation in intercollegiate athletics (some injuries outside of athletic participation) including but not limited to return to play decision-making; prevention, evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries or illnesses;
- Provides game and practice coverage including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Maintain appropriate record keeping and documentation;
- Collaborate with physicians and other allied health professionals to deliver appropriate care and referrals to student-athletes;
- Assist with the daily operations and maintenance of the athletic training facilities;
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer with administrative duties as assigned;
- Assist with inventory and ordering of supplies;
- Supervision of Athletic Training facilities
The start date for this position will be August 1st, 2019.
Please send Cover letter, Resume/CV and a list of three professional references to Kevin Pullyblank, Head Athletic Trainer by email email@example.com.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com