Director of Public Relations
D'Youville invites nominations for, and inquiries and applications from, individuals interested in taking on a transformational leadership opportunity as a Director of Public Relations. Located on the vibrant, diverse West Side of Buffalo NY, D'Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
D'Youville is immersed in ambitious and exciting change initiatives to reframe traditional practices and structures to further grow enrollment, improve the health of the community, and profoundly impact student success. D'Youville seeks a dynamic Director of Public Relations and team member who will lead strategic visioning, and support of the D’Youville’s initiatives, programs, and students.
D'Youville seeks a dynamic Director of Public Relations who serves in an administrative leadership position as member of the Student Life and Enrollment Management leadership team and reports directly to the Vice President of Student Life and Enrollment Management.
The Director of Public Relations is a mission and values-centered professional that skilled to deliver a rich and compelling narrative of the D’Youville College brand to local, regional and global media outlets. The incumbent will possess a strong and diverse background of experiences in communications and public and media relations, with a proven track record in obtaining highly visible featured stories in leading local, regional and national media outlets and publications. The position requires persuasive written and verbal communication skills, an active network of media contacts, and a can do, relentless positive attitude. In addition, the position will support the Senior Leadership team with proactive thought leadership opportunities such as blogging, identifying speaking engagement opportunities, opportunities to engage with influencers, and events, as well as leverage faculty research into compelling and meaningful stories that support the college’s desire to be seen as a Best in Class College for innovative and creative learning practices. This position will provide administrative oversight for all official social media accounts for the college.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field with 5-7 years’ experience in public relations, writing or media relations
- 3 years of experience serving in a leadership role.
- Build, implement and lead the college’s PR strategy, focused on securing prominent exposure with local, national and international media outlets with key influencers
- Create and manage target media and influencer lists, including mainstream media and national higher education publications
- Leverage existing media and influencer relationships to promote the college’s mission and vision and cultivate new contacts to support the PR strategy
- Oversee and develop media talking points, including the creation and maintenance of FAQ’s
- Develop and manage a college-wide list of experts on various research and higher education practice topics to disseminate to media outlets to showcase the breath and scope of the D’Youville College human resource talent
- Work intra-departmentally with the college community across all academic and non-academic areas to assure that the college messaging is powerful, clear, consistent, and optimized for maximum impact
- Collaborate closely with our Marketing team to reach our PR goals and support the broader organization aims
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com