Information Technology Support Specialist
Position reports to Manager of Helpdesk. Responsibilities include: Support of computers, printers and other information technology related equipment as well as AV equipment for D'Youville faculty, staff and students. Also responsible for setting up AV equipment for College and other special events.
Example of Duties
- Configuration and installation of new computers, laptop, printers, and peripherals
- Maintenance of campus computers, laptops, printers, and peripherals
- Troubleshooting both hardware and software issues
- Responsible for the set-up and break down of instructional media equipment on campus while utilizing assistance of student aides.
- Provide scheduling, delivery, and instruction of presentation systems
- Record services rendered in the Web Help desk system.
- Assist students with classroom presentations when involving computer hardware or software.
- Proactively communicate with other members of Information Services about unresolved and upcoming issues
- Perform other general duties assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate expertise with computer hardware, software installation, MS office, and basic knowledge of computer network structures.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft and Apple operating systems and MS Office, Adobe software, identifying computer hardware requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring computer performance and desktop applications.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry job-related objects such as a PC or a box of computer paper.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com