Faculty-Sports Science and Rehabilitation MS Program
SUMMARY: This position provides instructional support for courses in the College of Health Sciences programs. The duties include, but are not limited to the development of syllabi, course materials, assessment of student learning outcomes, participation on thesis committees as well as instructional responsibilities. College and University service are also expected.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Incorporating the mission of Logan University into college, program and course learning objectives, focusing each course experience on student learning.
- Accountability to students and administration with respect to quality in education.
- Incorporating current profession information into course learning experience.
- Administer courses in a prepared and timely manner, meeting deadlines for course and student interactions. Maintain and exemplify professional conduct in course and student interactions.
- Preparing an updated syllabus prior to course posting according to the standard Logan University format. All information (course learning objectives, reading assignments, testing, grading, etc.) contained in the syllabus must be clearly stated and not ambiguous. All administrative and course deadlines must be met.
- Practice collegiality: Refraining from making pejorative statements regarding the university, fellow faculty or staff personnel in student interactions or course discussions.
- Academic advising and counseling of students maintaining regular office hours.
- Preparing tests that have sound instructional value with accurately measured and well-defined objectives utilizing appropriate levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy. Evaluation should not be ambiguous and should appropriately represent the information presented in the course.
- Establishing and maintaining a course atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Comfortable and proficient in online course instruction.
- Responsible to treat colleagues, staff, and students in a professional manner.
- All courses should have a required course text or based on published science literature unless exempted by the administration.
- Participation in faculty meetings, workshops and university ceremonies.
- Accountable to report to the Program Director if he/she will be absent or unable to fulfill responsibilities.
- Notifying appropriate Logan personnel of damage to Logan property. Should report problems that affect any aspect of the university to the program director or appropriate department.
- Read, understand and follow all Faculty Handbook information and policies.
- Other instructional duties as assigned by program director or the Dean.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be dependable and have good inter-personal and communication/organization skills and the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position, as well as the Physical Demands and Work Environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of a doctorate degree as required in related field to sports science and rehabilitation. Three to five years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Basic math skills required. Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of computers including word processing and spreadsheets.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Required as appropriate to degree possessed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to use hands to type on computer, operate office equipment and handle books, files, documents, etc. Must be able to talk and hear to answer phones and when assisting others. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and to stoop or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift objects weighing from 10 – 30 pounds and possibly up to 50 pounds. Close vision needed to use computer. Must have distance vision and depth perception for safety purposes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment in this position is characteristic of a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed the employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days or sick days
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Logan University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com