Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002362
Department: 3900570101-Multi Media Services
Position Status: Full-Time
Media Development Center. The Broadcast Engineer maintains the technical integrity of the Media Development Center's operating facilities including but not limited to the control room, studios, maintenance shops, fiber transmission, production equipment and facilities.
- Responds to facility outages and performs basic maintenance on building systems.
- Designs, purchases, installs, repairs and maintains analog, digital and high-definition broadcast equipment as well as computer and IT equipment associated with the operation and the broadcast signals of the network.
- Ensures all equipment is ESPN compliant.
- Acts as technical quality supervisor for studio productions, live events and remote feeds.
- Supports and executes live/recorded programming and conducts quality control of all outgoing feeds.
- Adjusts, aligns and integrates all elements of studio equipment inventory to provide a mobile production facility as required by events.
- Ensures high-quality video and audio content from sports and other live events, and ensures a predictable production experience and outstanding results.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: Yes
Minimum Experience Required:
Four or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Experience in video, IT, Fiber, and audio production and engineering
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 05/21/2019
Job Closing Date: 6/11/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/59132
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...