Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002350
Department: 3900711100-Admissions, Office Of
Position Status: Full-Time
Office of Admissions. The Admissions Counselor plans and carries out recruitment and counseling initiatives of prospective students and serves as an official representative of Georgia Southern University at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment activities within an assigned territory to meet enrollment goals of the University.
- Provides information concerning all aspects of the University to prospective students and their families.
- Travels extensively to attend and present at college fairs, high schools, admissions events and other community events in order to recruit for Georgia Southern University.
- Plans strategic recruitment initiatives to meet the enrollment goals for a set population or territory.
- Encourages, promotes, and maintains favorable relations with school counselors and other educators.
- Maintains regular correspondence with prospective students by telephone, e-mail, and handwritten letters.
- Promotes scholarship opportunities offered from the Office of Admissions to eligible students.
- Works closely with coworkers to meet enrollment goals for assigned territory and new students overall.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
One or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relation skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Previous experience in college admissions or enrollment
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range: $30,358
Job Open Date: 05/13/2019
Job Closing Date: 6/3/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/58880
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...