Director of IT - Student Enrollment & Success Solutions
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002352
Department: 3900627100-IT Service and Delivery
Position Status: Full-Time
Information Technology Services. The Director of IT oversees strategic and operation planning, project management and a team of business (functional) analysts tasked to define and investigate opportunities for issue resolution, information system setup and training, and/or identifying and implementing new processes or revising current technological processes to improve efficiency and service delivery.
- Plans, assigns and directs the activities of professional and technical personnel required to engage functional clients in exercises to review and implement technologies.
- Participates in meetings with senior level administrative IT staff and functional departments to review applicable strategic goals and priorities as relates to current and new projects.
- Assigns and reviews the methodologies for information gathering, quality assurance, and documentation to include functional specifications for proposed projects for system development or revision, operational and strategic reports.
- Provides technical assistance in the development of bid specifications for vendor supported information systems and technologies.
- Directs and provides guidance to team members regarding applications systems and business analysis; reviews with the assigned business analyst best practices and measures to determine program efficiency, acceptable program and analysis documentation, and to ensure the output meets the needs of user departments and/or the systems and program developers.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Job Open Date: 05/14/2019
Job Closing Date: 6/4/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/58976
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...