Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002328
Department: 3900711100-Admissions, Office Of
Position Status: Full-Time
Office of Admissions. Georgia Southern University seeks nominations and applications for the Director of Undergraduate Admissions. The Director provides innovative leadership in designing the University's enrollment strategies and makes sophisticated use of high-quality, data-driven, evidence-based enrollment decisions, utilizing best practices in admission and enrollment management, while inspiring others on campus to work collaboratively in achieving enrollment goals. The Director must be adept at promoting opportunities, as well as bringing forth recommendations for new recruitment ideas, marketing strategies, and academic programs which match the University's mission, resources, and market demand. The Director will be required to travel on behalf of the University and work hours will include evenings and weekends. The Office of Admissions includes a workforce of 58 professionals and over 60 student employees across three campuses and includes the areas of: freshmen recruitment, transfer and special population recruitment, international recruitment, operations and application processing, visitation and events, admissions marketing and communications, new student scholarships, and new student and family programs including orientation. Nominations should be submitted to Tracey Mingo, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develops strategic, data-driven new student admissions recruitment, marketing, and enrollment strategies and goals with the Associate Vice President and Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Presents and analyzes data regarding new student admissions to assess status toward goals, areas of concern, and relevant trends, and use of that data to direct recruitment initiatives mid-cycle and for future planning.
- Serves as a campus resource for recruitment, admissions, orientation, and enrollment, establishing relationships with key partners in all areas.
- Leads the Admissions staff including hiring, training, coaching, and providing developmental learning opportunities.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and University regulations concerning student admissions.
- Assesses and assists in developing needed technologies to increase service to students and efficiencies in processes.
- Provides effective budget management and oversees fiscal operations by establishing cost controls and spending plans for multiple large budgets.
- Communicates with prospective students, family members and supporters, community partners, and others to assist in the college search process and lead to enrollment at Georgia Southern University.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Six or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization, and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment, proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; ability to operate a University vehicle, legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Eight or more years of undergraduate admissions experience; admissions experience at a large, multi-campus institution; sophisticated understanding of enrollment strategies, market research, social media, admission, financial aid, and student information systems; proven ability to meet recruitment and enrollment goals; strong knowledge of Banner student information system and Campus Management Connect customer relationship manager or other commonly-used admissions CRM platforms
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 04/25/2019
Job Closing Date: 7/31/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/58329
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...