Project Manager II
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002349
Department: 3909910201-Facilities Plan Design & Const
Position Status: Full-Time
Facilities Services. The Project Manager II coordinates capital and non-capital projects, MRR projects and institutional funded projects to ensure the project and program goals are met within the prescribed scope, schedule and funding targets. This position is located on the Armstrong Campus in Savannah, Georgia.
- Assists in preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation and participates in the selection of consultants, contractors, vendors and other service providers.
- Manages programming, design, bidding, construction and warranty phases of new facilities, additions and renovation projects.
- Oversees the work of external consultants for assigned projects to ensure designs are consistent with planned objectives, relevant regulations and University standards.
- Prepares detailed reports on project progress, identifying problems, solutions, milestones, financial cost projections and analyses.
- Identifies scope, budget and schedule development of assigned projects.
- Executes professional service contracts for studies, surveys and or design to be performed by outside consultants.
- Administers contract compliance, accounting close out, and record keeping of assigned projects.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to operate a University vehicle; effective communication (verbal and written); organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Proficiency in AutoCAD and PMP
Ten years of construction/project management experience; ability to read and comprehend blueprints, specifications, standards and technical literature; knowledge of building codes, architectural and engineering drafting practices and building construction and renovation practices.
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range: Up to a budgeted maximum of $64,500
Job Open Date: 05/13/2019
Job Closing Date: 6/3/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/58816
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...