Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002342
Department: 3900714100-Registrar, Office of
Position Status: Full-Time
Office of Registrar. Georgia Southern University seeks nominations and applications for the Registrar. The Registrar serves as the chief academic records officer for the University and oversees academic records, degree audit systems, course and classroom scheduling, registration, student information system management, enrollment certification, transcript management, graduation, and academic catalog production. The Registrar is part of a comprehensive enrollment management team with a student success focus, and is responsible for matters involving compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and develops compliance policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal laws. The Director will be required to travel on behalf of the University and work hours will include evenings and weekends. The Office of the Registrar includes a workforce of 44 professionals across three campuses. Nominations should be submitted to Greg Anderson, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oversees collection, classification, management, evaluation, security, integrity, certification and dissemination of student records in accordance with AACRAO standards, professional practices, University, and Board of Regents policies and procedures and reporting requirements.
- Oversees degree audit processes and graduation and manages systems and processes for course schedule development and classroom scheduling.
- Develops and implements registration policies and processes in line with academic and enrollment management policies.
- Provides strong leadership and technical expertise for the implementation and use of technology to provide service and to support registration and other enrollment management functions.
- Leads the Registrar staff including hiring, training, coaching, and providing developmental learning opportunities.
- Identifies and implements best practices related to the areas of academic records and registration.
- Coordinates construction of the academic calendar, University catalogs and University commencements.
- Participates in strategic planning activities, including leading and collaborating in university-wide initiatives.
- Promotes and maintains high quality service to students, parents, faculty and administration.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five years of related work experience; managerial and supervisory experience; experience with student records management and privacy laws; experience with student information systems and degree audit systems
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge of registrar office organization and operations; strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with a variety of internal and external constituencies; demonstrated commitment to customer service and student success; demonstrated ability to be solution-oriented, creative and innovative; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Seven or more years of progressively increasing leadership experience in the area of student records, student information systems, registration, admissions, or another closely related enrollment management function; experience implementing student information systems or related software; experience with Banner as a student information system and third party systems such as ApplicationXtender; experience with DegreeWorks; demonstrated project management skills; excellent analytical skills with experience in data analysis and reporting; experience at a multi-campus university
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 05/06/2019
Job Closing Date: 7/31/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/58622
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...