Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002251
Requisition Number STA002251
Classification Title Associate Director
Location Statesboro Campus
Department 3909910201-Facilities Plan Design & Const
Position Status Full-Time
Facilities Services. The Associate Director coordinates the Planning & Design and/or modification of the physical facilities, facilities infrastructure and real property associated with operating the campus and provides recommendations to the Director on all institutional policies and procedures related to the management of facilities design and construction.
Oversees planning, programming, and design for new facilities and repair and renovation projects for existing University buildings as well as the responsibility for providing accurate estimates for these projects.
- Provides management and leadership for design professionals composed of Design Specialists, a Building Inventory Specialist, an Interior Specialist, a Landscape Architect; a Space Utilization Manager and support staff.
- Collaborates with Associate Director of Construction in master planning activities, the development of long-range capital improvement plans for the University, and the preparation of annual reports outlining those plans for the Board of Regents.
- Oversees, manages, and provides direction as necessary in the development of engineering and architectural designs for alteration, renovation, repair, and maintenance projects.
- Recommends and advises the Director in the implementation of campus-wide design standards for both new construction and alteration/renovation projects and to ensure compliance with those standards in all campus projects and execution of the Facilities Mission.
- Collaborates with Facilities Services maintenance staff as well as the campus community by providing engineering, technical and architectural assistance as necessary.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor's Degree; licensed architect in the State of Georgia or a licensed architect in another state with a current reciprocity license for the State of Georgia or the ability to successfully obtain a reciprocal license within 180 days of hire
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education? No
Minimum Experience Required
Ten or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience? No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Knowledge of the Georgia Board of Regents and GSFIC policies and procedures; proficient with Revit, Sketchup, AutoCAD and other design software technology; experience in Higher Education Facilities Planning.
Salary Range Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date 01/29/2019
Job Closing Date 05/31/2019
Quicklink for Posting
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?:
Minimum Experience Required:
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range:
Job Open Date:
Job Closing Date: 05/31/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: http://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/55001
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...