Asst Director of Residence Ed
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002386
Department: 3902130201-Resident Life
Position Status: Full-Time
University Housing. The Assistant Director guides and implements a learning based community (2000 - 2500 residents) in a residential environment of approximately 5000 residents. The Assistant Director directly supervises 5 Hall Directors and indirectly supervises between 45-60 graduate and student staff.
- Supports a learning focused environment conducive to the academic success and personal growth of residents.
- Participates in the creation, execution and evaluation of a residential program including living learning environments and a residential curriculum model.
- Provides departmental training and development and student leadership and assessment.
- Facilitates administrative responsibilities, including oversight of student conduct within their area, budget management, collaborating on assignments and facilities related issues, and the creation of policies and procedures for day-to-day hall management by staff.
- Provides oversight of staff selection and training for student, graduate, or professional staff, including ongoing development and assessment.
- Serves in a second tier on-call emergency response rotation, responding to emergencies in on-campus residence halls with or without accommodation.
- The full job description for this position is listed at https://drive.google.com/file/d/15aVwuyD6s3DrTn5x4cRNna0MxAucKRIu/view?usp=sharing
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Masterís Degree in Student Services, Counseling, Higher Education or related field
Previous experience supervising graduate level staff in Housing and Residence Life; progressive supervisory and crisis management experience
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 06/13/2019
Job Closing Date: 7/4/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/59955
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...