Faculty - AGACNP - College of Nursing and Health Care Profession
Grand Canyon University
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at our campus in Phoenix, AZ. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Faculty for Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners (AGACNP). Target start is immediate and please note, this position is a ground position at our Phoenix campus and is NOT remote.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include:
- Teaches one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum to facilitate and engage students in the learning process.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Stimulates class discussions.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
- Required to maintain the equivalent of a four course load (16 credit hours).
- Required to facilitate in the AGACNP On-Campus clinical residency experiences
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred or pursuing.
- Eighteen (18) hours of graduate study in a field relevant to teach responsibilities.
- Two or more years of relevant nursing/medical experience as a practicing nurse practitioner.
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- Board certified ACNP or AGACNP.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- A respect for and ability to work with students.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications.)
Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Grand Canyon University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com