Department Chair of Educational Policy Studies
Georgia State University
Qualifications: The successful candidate will lead and enhance the research, teaching, and service mission by communicating and collaborating with faculty, staff, and students. Preference will be given to candidates currently at the rank of Professor, however highly qualified applicants at the rank of Associate Professor also will be considered. Tenure may be granted for qualified candidates. Candidates should have a demonstrated record in academic leadership, including experience in budgeting and resource allocation, academic program assessment, as well as hiring, developing, and supervising faculty and staff. A record of excellence in research and scholarship, teaching, and experience with leading diverse scholars is also preferred.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate is expected to:
- Report to the Dean of the College of Education and Human Development
- Represent and advocate for the interests of faculty, staff, and students to the Dean, the University, and communities of interest
- Advance core values of trust, fairness/equity, and accountability, as well as shared departmental commitment to equity, access, success and diversity
- Manage and allocate department budget and resources
- Oversee the growth of the departmental external funding portfolio
- Supervise academic program review
- Oversee the quality of instruction, credit hour production and class assignment
- Evaluate faculty for annual reports and promotion and tenure
- Oversee faculty hiring and development
- Engage in strategic planning for the department and college
Applicants should send a letter of interest that includes evidence of academic leadership, philosophy of leadership and managerial style, and interpersonal strengths, as well as a curriculum vita and a transcript of highest degree earned. Candidates selected for interviews will also submit three letters of recommendation from individuals within the field of interest.
Application materials should be emailed as a PDF file to:
Ms. Kimberly Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Educational Policy Studies Chair Application” in the subject line.
Inquiries should be addressed to Dr. Deron Boyles, chair of the search committee, at email@example.com or (404) 413-8270. Find more information about the Department of Educational Policy Studies on the Department website (http://eps.education.gsu.edu/).
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com