Director of Institutional Research
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002404
Department: 3900713100-Strategic Research & Analysis
Position Status: Full-Time
Institutional Research. Georgia Southern University seeks nominations and applications for the Director of Institutional Research. The Director serves as the University's Chief Institutional Research Officer and as a university-wide leader for issues related to institutional data analysis, standards, and data governance. The Director works closely with senior leadership to provide data, analyses and recommendations to support strategic planning, institutional effectiveness, resource allocation and decision-making to help advance the University's efforts in student success. Nominations should be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates the collection and dissemination of statistical analyses of relevant institutional data and key performance indicators including enrollment, retention, recruitment, and assessment.
- Serves as institutional key holder for IPEDS and coordinates institutional responses for external surveys.
- Performs advanced descriptive statistical analysis and data mining activities using available tools (SPSS, SAS, etc.) to interpret results and identify trends.
- Develops and validates predictive models for retention and enrollment.
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, and reports data and information for decision support.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures for data governance, collection and reporting processes to ensure data integrity.
- Assists with the administration and analysis of student, alumni, faculty, and staff surveys used to identify and improve organizational and institutional effectiveness. Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five or more years of related work experience; demonstrated experience with data analytics and visualization; demonstrated ability to clearly communicate findings to a variety of audiences
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Progressively responsible experience in institutional research conducting analytical studies in higher education; experience with predictive analytics, the use of key performance indicators, and dashboards; experience with Banner as a student information system; expertise in analytical/statistical software applications (SPSS, STATA, etc.); experience using national-level datasets such as IPEDS and National Student Clearinghouse
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 06/25/2019
Job Closing Date: 9/30/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/60193
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...