Director Of Clinical Education, Physician Assistant Department - 19000000FW
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga
The Physician Assistant Department at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, College of Health, Education and Professional Studies invites applications for a non-tenure track faculty position as Director of Clinical Education beginning in the Spring of 2019. The Director of Clinical Education serves as a full-time with rank appropriate to the applicant’s experience. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga’s Physician Assistant Program is a developing program implemented in partnership with Erlanger Health System with the projected start date of Fall 2021.
The Director of Clinical Education will perform tasks as a principal faculty member as well as will work alongside the Program Director to provide exceptional leadership and academic instruction to the faculty and staff in the clinical curriculum of the program. The Director of Clinical Education will have one day of release time to support involvement in clinical practice or scholarship.
- Clinical curriculum design, mapping, competency, and implementation in coordination with the Program Director and clinical faculty.
- ARC-PA documentation and implementation of superior quality within the clinical courses to assure exceeding accreditation standards. Annual review and update of the Student Handbook as it pertains to clinical education.
- Assignment of faculty and students to courses and rotations assuring high quality instruction, review and feedback of course instruction and outcomes to the faculty instructors through mentorship. Oversight of clinical preceptors and sites to assure high quality clinical instruction in accordance with ARC-PA standards.
- Communicate effectively with faculty from other departments within the university in the instruction of courses taught in an interdisciplinary setting to ensure NCCPA blueprint and ARC-PA standards are being met.
- Course instruction as appropriate.
- Leadership and mentorship of the faculty and non-faculty clinical team in oversight of clinical site, preceptor, and student monitoring of scheduling, rotations, site management, and performance with student SCPE’s.
- Chair of the Clinical Curriculum committee with responsibilities in course quality, student grade monitoring, remediation design and implementation, and coordination with the Director of Didactic Education to ensure student competency and preparedness for clinical rotation instruction.
- Manage the clinical team to include the non-PA clinical coordinator and other faculty and staff to provide all PA students with SCPE’s.
- Coordination and oversight of instruction of clinical call back days with curriculum, end of rotation examinations, PANCE preparation, summative examination, and capstone project.
- Assigning and monitoring of adequate student advising and mentoring.
- Scholarly activity, participation in departmental, college, university, state, and national organizations, research, grants, or other interests where necessary.
- Assist in reviewing and interviewing applicants to the program as a part of the admissions process.
- Assuring personal clinical competency and evidence based medicine knowledge.
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- CV including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Work samples of curricula
- 3 References to include names, titles, and email addresses for confidential letters of recommendation
Review of applicants will begin on May 10th. Preference will be given to those qualified candidates who apply before May 10th.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career site.
Salary will be commensurate with applicant’s credentials and qualifications.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of Tennessee Chattanooga
and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com