Harford Community College
The Research Associate compiles, summarizes, and analyzes data for various reports, annual and strategic planning, decision-making, assessment and improvement, and accreditation for the Analytics and Planning department.
Duties include by using computer programs to extract and analyze data out of College databases; preparing data for state and federal mandated reports; entering, summarizing and analyzing data; compiling documentation; and maintaining websites. Other duties include assisting with survey administration and analysis; ensuring smooth operations of the office; filing and organizing documents; participating on College committees as assigned; and completing other duties as assigned.
This is an exempt, professional staff position.
A master's degree and one to three years of related experience are required.
Applicants will be evaluated on criteria including, but not limited to:
- Experience extracting and analyzing data from College databases and other systems.
- Conversant in synthesizing data for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Expertise in programming languages and other software tools including PLSQL, SPSS, and SAS.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively communicate with College departments on their needs.
- Familiarity with creating and managing survey and other data tools.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with the ability to collaboratively engage colleagues.
- Effective communication skills including documenting requirements and version control methods.
- Familiarity with maintaining internet and intranet web sites and general internet technologies.
- Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
For best consideration apply online at www.harford.edu/careers by July 21, 2019.
HCC is a smoke/tobacco-free campus.
HCC is an AA / EEO / ADA employer committed to diversity in the college community.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com