FY19-13 Full-time, tenure-track Chemistry Faculty
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
A special mission college within the Massachusetts state university system
Position: Full-time, tenure-track Chemistry Faculty
Posting: May 2019 Start date: March 2020 (later start negotiable)
Position Number: FY19-13
Division: Academic; Science and Mathematics Department
Union Affiliation: Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA)
Application Deadline: Interview process starts in September 2019, the position will remain open until filled
Supervision Received: Reports to the Chair of the Department of Science and Mathematics and to the Vice President of Academic Affairs
Supervision exercised: Supervises student personnel in areas of responsibility
- The instruction of college-level chemistry courses including Organic, Environmental Chemistry, Hazardous Materials or courses
- Teaching and advising in a four-year college setting
Qualifications and requirements:
- Demonstrated potential to fulfill evaluation criteria of teaching and advising at the university level
- Candidates with an earned doctorate in chemistry or a related field and minimal or no teaching experience will be appointed at the rank of Assistant Professor
- Candidates with an earned doctorate and significant full-time teaching experience at the post-secondary level will be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- A minimum of a Masters’ degree in chemistry or related field required
- Candidates with Masters’ degrees and with 5+ years of teaching experience at the post-secondary level will be considered for appointment at the rank of Instructor (promotion to Assistant Professor with tenure-track requires a terminal degree secured by year five of employment).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- An earned doctorate in Chemistry or a related field
- Experience with analytical instrumentation
- Experience in Organic, Environmental and Hazardous Materials Chemistry coursework
- Ability to teach courses in physics or mathematics
- Understanding of and dedication to the Academy’s unique mission
- Experience with assessment
- Experience with online teaching
- Varsity athletic coaching experience at the college level
Salary: Commensurate with experience and subject to the MSCA collective bargaining agreement.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment link under quick links on the MMA website www.maritime.edu.
Applications may be attached and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Applicants selected for interview must submit original transcripts and be prepared to deliver a fifteen minute presentation on a relevant topic. Finalist must complete a drug screening and background check.
MMA is an AA/EEO/Veteran/Disability employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Massachusetts Maritime Academy and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com