FY19-13 Full-time, tenure-track Chemistry Faculty
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
A special mission college within the Massachusetts state university system
Assistant Director, Career & Professional Services
Posting: June 2019
Start Date: October 2019
Position Number: FY19-15
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Career and Professional Services
Union Affiliation: Association of Professional Administrators (APA)
Supervision Received: Director of Career & Professional Services
Supervision exercised: Subordinate professional, classified, and student personnel in areas of responsibility
General Statement of Duties: The Assistant Director works with students and employers, developing and maintaining partnerships with employers in order to facilitate permanent job opportunities and internship placements for MMA students (sea-going/licensed and shore-side majors). Represent all majors of the Academy when conducting employer outreach.
- Assist with coordinating and implementing the Cooperative Education Program; counsel students seeking co-op opportunities.
- Conduct targeted employer outreach as planned by the Career Services team
- Assist with planning and implementation of the services provided by the Office of Career and Professional Services, including but not limited to, Career Fairs, Advisory Boards, Employer Presentations and visits.
- Provide career services support to alumni looking to hire/fill positions or alumni searching for future employment.
- Assist with departmental recruiting activities.
- Work directly with the Director of Career Services and faculty department chairs
- Develop professional relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni and industry professionals.
- Conduct career workshops.
- Collect data from students, alumni, and employers regarding career outcomes.
- Participate in Academy Advisory Boards.
- Assist with the departmental marketing needs and publication materials.
- Participate in Academy functions such as Open House, Orientation, Registration, and Commencement.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Professional 3-5 years industry-specific work experience.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, database management).
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative and communication skills.
- Understanding of the Academy’s mission and regimental structure.
- Previous knowledge/experience in higher education and/or career services or recruiting.
- Familiarity with organizations and businesses which hire the Academy graduates. Knowledge of the industries in which MMA graduates are employed.
- Work experience in an industry that recruits MMA graduates (such as engineering, energy, facilities).
- Ability and interest in coaching.
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 annually. The Academy offers generous benefits policies and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at this
time. FLSA status: Exempt
Deadline for application: Open until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu.
Applications may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a drug screening and background check.
MMA is an AA/EEO/Veteran/Disabled employer. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Massachusetts Maritime Academy and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com