FY19-17 Assistant Director-Athletics
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Posting: June 2019
Start Date: September 2019
Position Number: FY19-17
Application Deadline:† †01 August 2019
Union affiliation:Association of Professional Administrators (APA)
Supervision received:Reports to the Director of Athletics
Supervision exercised:Supervises subordinate professional, classified, and student personnel in area of expertise† † † † †
- Advises the Director of Athletics on policies and procedures.† Participates on committees and in professional organizations within designated areas of responsibility and represents the Director of Athletics at designated meetings, conferences and/or functions.
- Participates on committees and in professional organizations with the designated areas of responsibility and represents the Director of Athletics at designated meetings, conferences, and/or functions.
- Act as Senior Woman Administrator liaison for programs as they pertain to womenís athletics as well as oversee the governance of athletic associations and conference for issues regarding NCAA and MASCAC legislation, policies, and procedures for womenís intercollegiate sports.
- Supervise and expand the recruitment of prospective female student-athletes along with enhancing the retention program for female student-athletes on campus.
- Maintains regular contact with coaches of womenís sports teams and provides recruitment and retention training/guidance.
- Manage and implement compliance procedures as they relate to NCAA, MASCAC, and all other governing body rules and regulations (i.e. recruitment, personnel, gender equity, financial aid, eligibility) regarding womenís intercollegiate sports.
- Remain current with and uphold the rules and regulations of the NCAA, MASCAC, and college that may influence the operation of the intercollegiate college program.
- Serve as the Department liaison with the Faculty Athletics Representative and in monitoring the admissions status of new and continuing student-athletes.†
- Develop and maintain the MMA Coaches Handbook and Student-Athlete Handbook.
- Attend and support assigned Athletic Department sponsored events to include athletic contests, fundraisers, Massachusetts Maritime Academy events and faculty-staff functions.
- Perform all fundraising and additional duties/special projects as directed by the Director of Athletics.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelorís degree
- Three to five years of athletic administrative experience or equivalent, preferably at an NCAA Division III or higher level athletics program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations governing recruitment, student-athlete eligibility, and related functions
- Masterís degree with an emphasis in Sports Administration, Physical Education or Recreation
- Coaching experience at the collegiate level
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in the administration of Title IX/Compliance policy or procedures as it pertains to athletics
Salary: $53,000 - $60,000. The Academy offers generous benefits policies and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is exempt under FLSA.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu.
Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
MMA is an AA/EEO/Veteran/Disability employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Massachusetts Maritime Academy and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com