Library Technical Assistant
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002414
Department: 3900170101-Library General Operations
Position Status: Full-Time
Henderson Library. The Evening Shift Supervisor provides efficient, consistent, and courteous service to library customers at the Checkout Desk. This position is scheduled from Sunday-Thursday, rotating between the following shifts:
o 11:30 AM - 8:30 PM
o 2 PM - 11:00 PM
o 3 PM - Midnight
- Hires, trains and supervises three or more full time Access Services employees and multiple Student Assistants.
- Maintains security of the Henderson Library including opening and closing and following all emergency procedures when needed.
- Provides administrative assistance to visitors by maintaining the Checkout Desk.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Department Head by creating a weekly checkout desk schedule and assisting in all departmental projects.
- Maintains routine cash accountability for the department.
- Assists library users with computer equipment, photocopiers, audiovisuals, and other library equipment.
- Loads and unloads material in ARC and audits ARC bins and maintains inventory for library collection.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Three or more months of post-secondary education
One or more years of Library experience
Salary Range: $28,100 - $34,400
Job Open Date: 06/28/2019
Job Closing Date: 7/12/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
Information and Application Process Instructions
- To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/60294
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...