Director of Foundation Accounting & Financial Services
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002418
Department: 3900544100-Advancement Services
Position Status: Full-Time
Advancement Services. Reporting to the AVP for University Advancement and Chief Advancement Officer/President of the Georgia Southern University Foundation (GSUF), the Director is responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, gift processing, and reporting activities for the GSUF and the Athletic Foundation (AF). The Director leads all day-to-day finance operations and supervises a team including functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, gift processing, budgeting, and budget control, and financial reporting to include the annual Voluntary Support of Education (VSE).
- Maintains internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinates and directs all audit and tax filing activities.
- Analyzes financial data while preparing and presenting financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicates monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitors progress and changes and keeps senior leadership abreast of foundation's financial status.
- Assists GSUF & AF leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administers and reviews all financial plans and compares to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Works closely with the GSUF President and Athletic Foundation Treasurer in engaging the board's investment and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Manages and tracks the performance of invested assets in keeping with foundation policies and investment guidelines while working with the foundations investment committees to set endowment spending policies, and develops short, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Works with foundations investment committees to set endowment spending policies, oversees investments, and develops short, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Oversees all financial, project/program accounting; ensures that expenditures are consistently aligned with foundation spending policies and program budgets.
- Manages cash flow forecasting by collaborating with foundation and university leadership to assess the financial success of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Oversees Office of Gift Accounting in all activities including successful recording, maintenance, receipting, documenting and collection of private gifts, reporting of gifts (including the VSE), and delivery to customer service to donors, staff, faculty, and administration.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with CASE, CAE, and IRS rules and regulations and reporting standards.
- Evaluates and assesses all processes and procedures ensuring implementation of industry best practices.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelorís Degree in Accounting; current Georgia CPA license or Georgia CPA License eligible within six months of employment from start date
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Experience at a professional level directing foundation accounting operations at an institution of higher education; technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software: Blackbaud Raisers Edge & Financial Edge experience preferable
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 07/02/2019
Job Closing Date: 7/23/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
Information and Application Process Instructions
- To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/60334
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...