Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002420
Department: 3909930101-Business Services
Position Status: Full-Time
Facilities Services. The Director of Business Services leads and oversees daily operations of finance and human resources for Facilities Services Division as well as the Service Response Center and Lock Shop. The Director effectively manages the Division's operating budget, including fiscal, human and physical environment and ensures overall fiscal and operational excellence for the Division.
- Oversees efforts related to the Division's control of physical and electronic access including policies, systems, integrations and upgrades.
- Leads administration and implementation of Human Resources (HR) policies, programs and practices throughout the Division; leads and manages Department's administrative staff.
- Prepares strategic plans integrated with budget plans and resource allocation.
- Develops and manages the Division's multi-million dollar operating budget; directs the daily operation of Accounting and Materials Management units.
- Develops and disperses directives, guidance and information to each Director/Associate Director and assists in Division budget preparation, purchasing, and contract administration.
- Leads the management and maintenance of the University's Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Oversees contract compliance and ensures proper contract preparation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Experience in accounting or budget development at a higher education institution; proven leadership skills; previous experience in staffing and recruitment, professional development, performance management; experience providing guidance for best practices in human resources; experience in service response delivery in a facilities environment
Salary Range: $62,100 - $80,700
Job Open Date: 07/05/2019
Job Closing Date: 8/2/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
Information and Application Process Instructions
- To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/60422
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...