Infectious Disease:Join A Growing Department of Internal Medicine
Merritt Hawkins, the nationís premier academic search firm, has partnered with a well established and highly-respected academic institution in Virginia in the recruitment of faculty for its division of Infectious Diseases. We are seeking candidates who are fellowship trained in infectious diseases and have a desire to become clinical educators. Applicants at all faculty ranks will be considered. Division faculty provide a broad range of inpatient and ambulatory clinical services as well as resident and medical student education and research.
- Option to spend up to 40% of your time on scholarly activities such as teaching or research.
- Inpatient consultations are provided at the affiliated 525-bed acute care hospital to all medical and surgical specialties.
- In the ambulatory clinic, division members will gain experience in common outpatient infectious diseases consultations including travel consultations.
- Division members have a major role in the development and teaching of integrated microbiology curriculum for medical students, classroom, and bedside teaching.
- Research is optional but if there is interest, NIH funded translational and epidemiology / surveillance projects are available.
- New faculty member will be provided mentorship and support in order to excel in all three areas of academic medicine.
- Institution has received long-term federal funding to care for indigent HIV patients. Care is provided for more than 1,500 HIV patients.
- $262,000 base salary plus bonus potential year one
- $26,000 signing bonus
- Full benefits and annual, competitive salary plus profit sharing
- 1 year to partnership
You will be working in one of the most desirable locations in the United States. Virginia has it all:
- Rated #2 place in the United States to raise a family by Parenthood Magazine
- No shortage of waterfront views, boasting 144 miles of shoreline
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities plus sophisticated dining and entertainment options
- Multitude of outstanding educational options, including local colleges and universities
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools
- Affordable housing options and access to an international airport
- Fish, sail, or water ski on nearby waterways
Preferred and required qualifications as appropriate for the position.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Ally Geller at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (866) 406-0269 and reference ID-88785