199763 - Senior Associate Director - Financial Aid Operations
Senior Associate Director – Financial Aid Operations
Job Code 199763
Full-time, 40 hours, 12 months
Clark University’s Financial Assistance Department seeks to fill the position of Senior Associate Director. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will serve in a leadership role providing the day-to-day management of the operational needs for the Financial Assistance Office. Senior Associate Director will provide input regarding the strategic direction of the office as it relates to financial aid technology supporting the office.
The Senior Associate Director will provide coordination, oversight and management of the Financial Assistance modules of both Ellucian/Banner software systems and CSS PowerFaids system and will work closely with the Director, and other appropriate University staff, to ensure effective and efficient financial aid processes are implemented to best serve all constituencies and provide quality student service.
This position has direct supervisory responsibility for the Front Office Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Included in a range of responsibilities, the Senior Associate Director will:
- Assist with and support the overall administration of the financial aid office as it relates to the overseeing of system processing and reporting for Ellucian/Banner Financial Aid Module, PowerFaids and other University reporting tools.
- Conduct testing and implementing system upgrades, troubleshooting system problems with IT staff, new year set-up of each system, and provide staff training.
- Manage and administer the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program and Federal Pell Grant Program, to include origination, disbursement and reconciliation of these programs. Maintains expertise in these programs, particularly as it relates to technology, to ensure compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations.
- Identify regulatory changes that will impact the processing and the overall operations of the office.
- Provide management and oversight of the Front Office Operations, which includes supervising and evaluating the staff.
- Support the office and other partners by providing required reports and data, along with any special projects requested.
- Serve on University committees as appropriate; represent the University at various off-campus functions, workshops and conferences.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin December 17, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants must reference Job code 199763 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com