IT Tech Support Specialist I
Baltimore City Community College
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Overview of position: Summary of the position’s responsibilities:
- Assist with entering and tracking helpdesk tickets in the system.
- Respond to clients requests for service in a timely manner, research issues and resolve each interaction with
- customer satisfaction.
- Enter solutions for all service tickets into the helpdesk software application for inclusion in the knowledge base.
- Create and deploy desktop and laptop images and setup and configure for each user.
- Install/modify computer workstations’ hardware and software, including connecting hardware to the network, installing software, transferring data and testing.
- Perform routine upgrades on computer workstations, software, and associated peripherals.
- Coordinate hardware and software repairs with vendors, as needed.
- Assist users with more difficult and time-consuming problems with various types of technology hardware, computer system procedures, computer software, and telecommunication equipment.
- An Associate Degree in information technology-related discipline or a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a helpdesk environment;
- Excellent communications – oral and written;
- Five (5) years advanced computer skills;
- Five (5) years network knowledge and experience with IP Addressing, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, SFTP, TCPIP, and Permissions;
- Five (5) years of experience using software applications, such as Remote Desktop, Windows Operating Systems, Helpdesk Software, Microsoft Office Suite with exceptional skills in Excel and PowerPoint; Computer and Network utilities and tools, Internet, Malware, Anti-Virus, Desktop Imaging Software, etc.;
- Five (5) years of Sys Prep experience and image creation and deployment
A Bachelor’s degree in any information technology-related discipline;
10 years’ experience working as in the capacity of Helpdesk Tier II or Tier III;
Image creation and deployment for desktops and laptops
Eight (8) years using Sys Prep knowledge and experience to create standardized images;
Remote Control Applications;
Network knowledge and experience with IP Addressing, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, SFTP, TCPIP, and Permissions;
Virtual Desktop setup and configuration;
Mac OS knowledge, experience, troubleshooting, and configuration on networks;
WSUS and patch management experience;
ITIL knowledge and experience;
Time Management and Data Reporting;
Information and Application Process Instructions
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this position, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...