Instructional Technician, Costumes - Part Time
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Kinesiology Instructor & Head Coach (Womens Volleyball/ Womens Basketball/ Womens Softball)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 2/13/2019
Mission College, located in Santa Clara, CA. the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a dynamic, full-time, equity-minded, tenure-track faculty member in Kinesiology and Athletics commencing with the 2019 Fall semester. This position is open for coaching one or more of the following intercollegiate teams: Head Women's Volleyball or Head Women's Basketball or Head Softball in conjunction with a teaching assignment in Kinesiology under the direction of the Department Chair.
The teaching assignment will include a variety of sport specific intercollegiate classes, lower-body conditioning, cardio-cross training, theory, and fitness classes. This assignment will also include as part of its responsibilities a focus on new curriculum and program development, as well as participation in department, division, and college committees.
Under the direction of the Athletics Director, the head coaching assignment includes the recruitment and retention of student-athletes, supervision of student-athletes, the organization of practice and game schedules, development and implementation of the budget, involvement in public relations efforts, and other related activities as assigned.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, 10-month, tenure-track position that begins in Fall 2019. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $64,631 to $100,582 annually, based upon academic achievement, teaching and related experience (Academic Salary Schedule, Steps 1-9).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Employer paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- Sabbatical, Rejuvenation and Retraining Leaves.
- Banked leave provisions.
- Professional Growth and Development activities.
- 10 days sick leave accrued annually; personal necessity and catastrophic leave.
- Conference leaves.
- Opportunity for overload assignments.
- Cal STRS Retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation, in-class activities, evaluation of students’ work, consultation with students outside of class (scheduling time beyond normal office hours if necessary), ensuring regular effective student contact for Distance Education courses, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught and other efforts related to the teaching of the assigned classes, and participate in the process of SLO assessment and evaluation and use the results of these assessments in the process of continuously improving student learning.
- Maintain accurate class and other records.
- Submit, when due, all necessary reports, such as attendance, grade reports, rosters, class and office schedules.
- File a syllabus for each course with the appropriate division offices.
- Post and maintain office hours each week.
- Provide each student with a current course syllabus as required by Title 5, which includes SLOs, classroom procedures, requirements and grading policies and provide a copy to the Division Office.
- Refer students to appropriate college resources.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members’ area of expertise.
- Assume institutional responsibilities, essential to the ongoing operation and effective achievement of department, division, college and district programs.
1. Education – Possess one of the following:
• Master’s degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration or physical therapy
• A valid California Community College Instructor’s Credential in Kinesiology; OR
• The equivalent of the above.
2. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1364134
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the West Valley-Mission Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.