California State University, Stanislaus
POSITION: BUDGET ANALYST
Full time position available on or after March 1, 2019 in the Budget Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Under the general supervision of the Director of Budget Planning & Administration, this position provides complex budget and financial analysis work required to administer the University's finances, payroll, and purchase requisitions. Assist in providing consultative financial services as it relates to all division funds. Provides information and assistance to other department employees performing duties that comply and conform to custom budget and accounting procedures, CSU processes, and policies. Assist in generating periodic financial reports and assuring all financial division funds are precise. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyze and process various Business & Finance and campus forms that comprise our daily business.
- Assure proper recording and documentation of financial transactions. Research funds for discrepancies and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Assist in addressing inquiries from internal and external customers relating to budget, expenses, what funds can and can't be expended, questions pertaining to reports, replying to questions from managers. Assist in the investigation of budgetary and fiscal problems in departments and divisions etc.
- Assist in maintaining and managing position (personnel) control for divisions as needed. Administer budgetary portion of payroll posting in appropriate chart fields.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly payroll and expenditure reports. Draft text and materials to summarize, analyze, and justify budget programs.
- Prepare presentation materials for campus wide budget meetings and forums as needed. Attend meetings and record the minutes for distribution if needed.
- Prepare text and materials to incorporate into the various chapters to compile the annual campus budget book.
- Provides top-level analytical support to divisions. This function includes assistance in making budget transfers, reviewing transactions, forecasting, reconciliations and reviewing the financial implications of decisions. Provide complex budget analysis work, assist in the preparation and development of the general operating fund budget. Maintain good communication with the Divisional Budget Coordinator's offices to ensure their understanding of our processes. Develop and reconciles assigned division or area mid-year budget report in coordination with the divisional units and the university budget office.
- Office Coordination; Routine normal office duties for a small four-person office. (Ex: Ordering supplies, preparing travel claims, attendance, website maintenance, logging and filing documents, document disposition, etc.). Assist in documenting and maintaining business processes, standards and procedures.
- Work closely with Payroll and Accounting departments on other projects as assigned such as reconciliations between subsidiary ledgers and finance.
- Assist in the creation and review of ad hoc reports and validation of data using various integrated HR/Financial software modules (Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management, CFS Data Warehouse, Reporting Services Data Warehouse, Excel) reconcile campus financial records pertaining to allocations or other budgetary matters with the State Controller's Office in coordination with the campus Accounting Office. Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Education: Equivalent to a bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, business administration, finance or a closely related field OR a combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Experience: Two years of progressively responsible professional experience in analyzing data including one year involving duties such as preparation, justification and analysis or the control and administration of a budget or budgetary process.
- Some knowledge of CSU payroll/personnel procedures preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of financial, budgetary and accounting principles and practices. Working knowledge of research techniques and statistical principles and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of public finance, administrative, personnel fiscal management and cash-flow management.
- Advanced proficiency with current word processing and spreadsheet software program, web browsers, query tools, integrated financial systems and/or other types of records management systems. Familiarity with the principles of position control and budgetary alignment.
- Ability to define problem areas, collect data, perform preliminary analyses and make appropriate recommendations. Ability to write clear and concise analytical comments.
Information and Application Process Instructions
SALARY RANGE: $3,832 - $7,179 per month plus excellent paid benefits. (Anticipated budgeted salary will be $3,832 - $4,215 per month, depending on the qualifications of the successful finalist.) The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICATION SCREENING BEGAN FEBRUARY 18, 2019
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus ∙ Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle ∙ Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Ms. Michelle Legg (209) 667-3653
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD.As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Voluntary_Self-Identification_of_Disability_CC-305_SD_Edit1.24.14.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
PURSUANT TO THEJEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CAMPUS CRIME STATISTICS ACT,THE ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT (ASR), IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING ATHTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/ANNUAL-CAMPUS-SECURITY-REPORT. THE ASR CONTAINS THE CURRENT SECURITY AND SAFETY-RELATED POLICY STATEMENTS, EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND EVACUATION INFORMATION, CRIME PREVENTION AND SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION INFORMATION, AND DRUG AND ALCOHOL PREVENTION PROGRAMMING. THE ASR ALSO CONTAINS STATISTICS OF CLERY ACT CRIMES FOR STANISLAUS STATE FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS. A PAPER COPY OF THE ASR IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CONTACTING THE OFFICE OF THE CLERY DIRECTOR LOCATED AT ONE UNIVERSITY CIRCLE, TURLOCK, CA 95382, OR BY CALLING 209-667-3572.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER' UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083 AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, Stanislaus and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...