Associate Director of Student Accounts
Reporting to the Director of Student Accounts, the Associate Director will assist in all areas of student financial services. He/she will work independently to plan and execute daily work assignments with timely completion and in an efficient and professional manner. The Associate Director will be cross trained in all Student Accounts functions and policies and procedure in order to provide exceptional customer services to all constituents and maintain continuity in the office. The Associate Director will need to apply professional judgement, maintaining a fair and consistent approach when working with students and families to outline payment options, especially when working with those experiencing extraordinary personal circumstances.
This is a salaried, full-time position, working 35 hours per week. Occasional evening/weekend work required during peak processing times or opening of the semester.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a primary contact for the Office of Student Accounts and oversee all aspects of the front line customer service, including but not limited to; ensuring emails and phone calls are answered timely, assisting with escalated situations, pointing out needed process or communication changes to enhance customer service efforts.
- Manage student workers; scheduling, approving time cards and training.
- Manage the Perkins loan program acting as the primary contact with the loan billing servicer, work the accounts as needed, process invoices, resolve disputes, maintain compliance with federal regulations and assist in the Perkins program closure.
- Responsible for invoicing and collecting from all third party agencies.
- Work closely with the Financial Planning Office to ensure accuracy of all financial aid on student accounts.
- Responsible to complete state and federal direct student loan disbursements, campus based fund disbursements, loan and aid returns based on changes in student status, academic progress and federal regulations.
- Oversee and post daily cash receipts.
- Work with Director to ensure timely and accurate posting of AR and assist in monthly close and reconciliation with the Business Office.
- Serve as a point of contact with the vendor that hosts our online real-time account information, online payments, payment plans and refunds.
- Assist in processing student billing each semester in accordance with our third party vendor.
- Review student payment plans for completeness and accuracy.
- Review the monthly aging to ensure appropriate and timely outreach.
- Manage all accounts placed with third party collection agencies, including; placement, monthly review of reports, processing invoices and disputes.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personal information in accordance with FERPA and act as a resource to College colleagues and administrators.
- Bachelor's degree required with a major in business, accounting or finance preferred.
- Customer service oriented with a demonstrated history of quality service.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand and resolve problems with efficiency and attention to detail.
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities:
- Four years of higher education experience, preferably within Student Accounts.
- General knowledge of the policies, laws and activities related to the Student Accounts office, as well as other College administrative offices
- Knowledge of the Perkins loan program including but not limited to; federal regulations, billing processes and deferment eligibility.
- Collections experience is a plus, but not required - must be willing to learn, and ultimately be comfortable with, collections activities.
- Familiarity with the student information system PowerCampus.
- Strong proficiency in the following areas:
- Logical problem-solving skills, with the ability to recognize more than one solution and determine the appropriate course of action.
- The ability to communicate effectively both written and orally, maintaining a high level of service and professionalism while responding to the needs of the customer.
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Information and Application Process Instructions
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Apply Here: https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/human-resources/employment-opportunities/staff-positions/associate-director-of-student-accounts-.html
Lasell College is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Lasell College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...