Associate Director of Content Strategy and Development
Associate Director of Content Strategy and Development (190256)
Marketing and Communications
Full-time, 40 hours, 12 months
Clark University’s Marketing and Communications Department seeks to fill the position of Associate Director of Content Strategy and Development. Reporting to the Director of Digital Experience and Analytics, the successful candidate will contribute to our award-winning web team by bringing the Clark experience to life through authentic storytelling and intelligent content that speaks to the needs of diverse and distinct audiences and drives them to take action.
Primary responsibilities for this role include developing and implementing the content strategy for Clark’s website to help the University meet its revenue and reputational goals by inspiring interest, enrollment, connection and community with prospective and current students, parents, alumni, educators, and donors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Included in a range of responsibilities, the Associate Director of Content Strategy and Development will:
- Recommend, plan, and manage the content for the University’s digital ecosystem to create a user-defined, content-centric experience that entices key audiences with compelling imagery, messaging and storytelling, while facilitating decision-making and conversion.
Digital Content Strategy and Project Management
- In collaboration with Admissions, Academics, Advancement, Alumni and Athletic departments, develop and implement content strategies focused on presenting the right content to the right users at the right time, driving higher engagement and conversion rates.
- Identify goals, objectives and key performance metrics for the content strategy and regularly analyze data to refine efforts and measure success.
- Manage, assign, and track digital projects to ensure that University/departmental goals, objectives, budgets, and deadlines are met.
- Ensure that the website, email campaigns, online banner and search advertising align with print and face-to-face communications and are on brand.
- Utilize content management system to facilitate more efficient and effective workflow, publishing and maintenance.
Writing and Editing
- Apply exceptionally strong writing and editing capabilities to create, curate, and distribute compelling, relevant and timely marketing content for the University’s websites, emails, videos, digital ads, and college search sites.
- Develop cross-University contacts to ensure access to key information and subject matter experts and collaborate with the MarCom team to chronicle the depth and breadth of the Clark story—the community and culture, academic experience, student life, faculty research and achievements—and the contributions of outstanding alumni and donors in their fields and to the University .
- Perform daily content updates to new and existing web pages, monitor site for accuracy and work with respective departments to resolve factual and expiration issues.
- Create content in a way that is attractive to search engines, including taxonomies, headlines and meta descriptions.
Optimization, Analytics and Reporting
- Develop and implement an SEO strategy, conduct keyword research, and create and refine lists of targeted search terms; initiate projects to enhance keyword generation, keyword optimization, ad copy performance, and reporting.
- Ensure all web pages are optimized; measure, analyze and report on success of digital content; use data to drive decision-making to identify and validate key insights, value propositions and messaging.
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing, communications, English, or journalism; 8 – 10 years’ experience in multichannel content development, web management and new media, or communications.
- Professional experience developing and implementing content strategies for large, complex websites, preferably in higher education.
- Deep understanding of digital trends with a strong understanding of content modeling, information architecture, user experience, and content authoring within Word Press.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with a high degree of relevancy to targeted audiences; highly competent in writing and editing with ability to organize content information and apply design principles to make content easy to read and navigate.
- Strong knowledge of Google analytics, A/B testing, SEO and keyword analysis and the role of metrics in website planning and development and reporting on success of content.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize web content to advance search performance (SEO), increase website engagement, enhance the mobile experience, and increase lead generation activity.
- Strong project management capabilities and ability to build and foster relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the confidence to work independently when necessary, but also brainstorm, plan and produce within the University’s Marketing and Communications’ team-based atmosphere and structure, which rewards collaboration and creativity.
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills including good judgment, creativity and high energy level.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Information and Application Process Instructions
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org> .
Applicants must reference Job code 190256 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Send your resume for this job...
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...