Assistant/Senior Assistant Director of the Clark Fund
Assistant Director/Senior Assistant Director of the Clark Fund
Job Code 199220
Clark University seeks a results-oriented individual to join a strategic team of professionals in its annual giving program, the Clark Fund. Currently a $2.5 million per year program, the Clark Fund seeks significant growth as the University works toward advancing its fundraising operation.
Under leadership of the Director of the Clark Fund, this position will work collaboratively with the University Advancement team to cultivate alumni engagement, solicit new and increased gifts, and steward donors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a cohort of 10-20 undergraduate alumni classes for solicitation and volunteer development including the oversight of reunion fundraising for 3-4 milestone reunion classes. Develop class goals and provide regular updates to class volunteers.
- Manage Class Agents and reunion volunteers in assigned class cohorts for communication and solicitation work.
- Develop strategies within assigned cohort to increase donor retention, upgrade current donors, and acquire new donors for the Clark Fund.
- Collaborate with other University Advancement and university colleagues on Clark Fund solicitation strategies for individual donors and cohort.
- Solicit alumni in assigned class cohorts and other donors face-to-face, by phone, and by e-mail to retain, upgrade, and steward Clark Fund donors at all levels
- Complete discovery work through alumni meetings and Clark-hosted events to acquire new donors for the Clark Fund.
- Travel regularly, mostly in New England and New York, for face-to-face meetings with alumni and other donors.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12-month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org> . Applicants must reference Job code 199220 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Clark University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com