Secretary to the Vice Presidents
General Statement of Duties
This position manages the information and communication flow for the Vice President for Financial Affairs (VPFA), the Vice President for Operations (VPO) and the Vice President of Student Life and Enrollment Management (collectively 'the VP's') including: planning and scheduling meetings and appointments; organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files; managing projects; conducting research; and disseminating information by using the telephone, mail services, Web sites, and e-mail.
Distinguishing Features of the Position
This position reports directly to the VP's and requires an individual to work independently and be consistently accurate, organized and confidential in nature.
Examples of Duties (illustrative only)
- Coordination of the VP's meetings including arranging conference calls
- Prepare meeting agendas, mailings and resolutions for the board of trustees and other committee meetings
- Prioritization and distribution of incoming checks, contracts, memos and reports for VPFA's review
- Create spreadsheets, correspondence, databases, presentations and reports for the VP's
- Conduct research and prepare statistical reports as directed by VPFA
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to, correspondence, word processing, mailing and appointments for the VP's
- Maintain office supplies and equipment for the VP's
- Distribution of mail for the offices of the VP's
- Access and utilize information from the College's financial management systems
- Planning of the VP's travel and guest arrangements
- Work with the internal web team to update website content
- Maintain the insurance files for all Operations' vendors
- Coordination with the parking permit vendor and database
- Administration of the system of tracking and processing of affiliation agreements and certificates of insurance
- Coordinate with the Special Projects & Events Planner to prepare purchase requisitions and process invoices and credit card purchases for payment
- Collaborate with the Office of the President on special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP's
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and maintain complete confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Familiarity with common office procedures, multitasking and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills needed with knowledge of data base management and demonstrated proficiency at both Excel and Word and also the ability to learn the College’s ERP accounting system
- It is essential that the individual be professional dealing with the public, including but not limited to students, faculty and administration. This individual must be customer service-oriented.
- Maintain professional appearance.
Acceptable Training and Experience
- Associate’s degree required (bachelor’s preferred) with at least five years experience and demonstrated computer-related skills.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com