Executive Director, Doctor of Chiropractic Program
D’Youville College invites nominations for, and inquiries and applications from, individuals interested in taking on a transformational leadership opportunity as the Executive Director of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program. D’Youville is an innovative, private, coeducational institution serving 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo, NY. D’Youville is launching a new health professions hub to provide a healthcare clinic, educational and workforce development opportunities, and new connections to the surrounding neighborhood. With academic programs organized into four schools: Health Professions, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Arts, Sciences and Education, the D’Youville Chiropractic Program is augmented by strong foundational science preparation and collaboration with other health science disciplines. Interprofessional education and simulation are hallmarks of the institution. The Executive Director will start in May 2019 and report to the Dean of the School of Health Professions.
Under new leadership, D’Youville is immersed in ambitious change initiatives to further grow enrollment, improve health outcomes, and profoundly impact student success. Comprehensive strategic planning underway includes academic planning, technology planning, and significant investments in vital updates to campus facilities. Dedicated to building thriving, healthy communities, D’Youville is nurturing new and existing community partnerships. Buffalo, the second largest city in New York, is home to 21 institutions of higher education, numerous cultural attractions, two professional sports teams, and year-round outdoor activities. D’Youville is located in close proximity to Lake Erie, Niagara Falls, and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The College seeks a dynamic Executive Director who will lead strategic visioning and execute bold innovations for the Doctor of Chiropractic Program. The Executive Director will provide compelling leadership for inclusive excellence as D’Youville strives to expand opportunity to diverse learners historically underrepresented in higher education.
The Executive Director of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program is a full-time administrative position, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- department planning, budgeting, and grant writing
- curricular/clinical and academic policies and student success and progression
- faculty hiring, evaluation, scholarship and professional development
- assessment (course, clinical, program) and accreditation
- service on college-wide committees and collaborate across schools and departments on campus initiatives
Requirements for this position:
- Doctor of Chiropractic degree from a CCE accredited institution, or foreign equivalent, currently possess or eligible for a valid New York chiropractic license,
- minimum of 5 year of academic and administrative experience with evidence of progressive responsibility and leadership roles,
- master’s or doctoral degree in education or related area and a minimum of 3 years of clinical practice
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com