Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002378
Department: 3902500101-General Health Services
Position Status: Full-Time
General Health Services. Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Sports Medicine Physician administers the Student Health Services (SHS) medical clinic as a primary care physician and serves as the Medical Director for the Georgia Southern University NCAA Sports Medicine Program, Recreational Activities Complex (RAC), and Athletic Training Education Program. The Staff Physician will be required to travel on/off-campus events and work hours will include evenings and weekends.
- Provides primary care and sports medicine care to student athletes and non-athlete students in both athletic facilities and Health Services facility settings in accordance with accepted standards of care.
- Provides sideline medical coverage, and/or arranges qualified physician sideline coverage, at designated sporting events.
- Performs administrative functions associated with NCAA Sports Medicine Program policy and procedure development, oversight, and administration, working closely with the NCAA Head Athletic Trainer in this role.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the NCAA Head Athletic Trainer and NCAA Athletic Training Staff with regards to medical competence.
- Provides leadership and medical oversight to NCAA athletic training staff.
- Provides lectures and shadowing opportunities for Athletic Training Education Program.
- Participates in staff meetings, educational conferences, quality assurance activities, supervision of student learners, and committee work; as well as conducts programs for continuous staff education in current developments in medical science.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Medical Degree from accredited school of medicine or osteopathy and unrestricted licensure to practice medicine in the State of Georgia
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Two or more years of patient care experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated skills in the practice of medicine; completion of ACGME-accredited residency within specialty; board certification in a primary care specialty (Family Medicine, Pediatrics, or Internal Medicine) or Emergency Medicine and possession of all legal requirements for the practice of medicine in Georgia as determined by the Georgia State Composite Board of Medical Examiners; documentation of completion of a Sports Medicine Fellowship that is accredited by either the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Association Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists; possession of a current and valid Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine; maintenance of standards of professional conduct as published by American Medical Association and the Georgia State Composite Board of Medical Examiners; maintenance of GA medical license, federal DEA prescribing number, Basic Life Support certification; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
One or more years of experience working as a Sports Medicine physician in a NCAA collegiate athletic; computer proficiency and first-hand experience in using electronic health records systems to document all patient interactions and to manage all medical information associated with providing care program
Information and Application Process Instructions
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 06/06/2019
Job Closing Date: 6/27/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/59754
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...