Associate Director of Enterprise Network
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002365
Department: 3900622200-Enterpise Networking
Position Status: Full-Time
Enterprise Networking. The Associate Director of Enterprise Network leads and supervises technical staff in design, planning, deployment and support of critical enterprise network services and projects for the University.
- Supervises development, maintenance, monitoring and support of university-wide data and wireless services for a multi-campus network.
- Oversees and guides planning and administration of Network Core routing and switching infrastructure, wired and wireless architectures in support of institutional strategic goals.
- Assists in the day-to-day configuration, management and monitoring of the network and communications infrastructure.
- Directs technical staff to design, plan, deploy, maintain and support critical enterprise network services, including University wired and wireless networks.
- Leads and directs enterprise-wide administration of multi-campus network relating to core routing/switching infrastructure, wired and wireless architectures.
- Serves on project teams, advisory boards and committees providing campus enterprise technologies technical direction, expertise and consulting.
- Participates in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to move objects up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Experience leading Network Operations activities, including development of road maps, complex problem diagnosis and resolution, and enterprise-level project implementations; strong knowledge of enterprise wireless infrastructure; DNS and DHCP management; divisional application servers and information systems; Enterprise security devices (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, etc.), hardware and software and Enterprise systems; working knowledge of Active Directory environments; in-depth knowledge of and experience in networking and telecommunications infrastructure and related applications; five or more years of work experience in an Enterprise Networking Environment; experience in networking and telecommunications infrastructure and related applications; experience leading Network Operations activities
Information and Application Process Instructions
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 05/22/2019
Job Closing Date: 7/5/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/59234
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...