Director - External Affairs
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002419
Department: 3900540101-Exec Dir, Development
Position Status: Full-Time
University Advancement. Georgia Southern University seeks applicants for the Director of Development (DOD) vacancies in the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing; the College of Science and Mathematics; the Waters College of Health Professions and the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health. Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Director serves as key member of the Office of University Advancement directing and managing the planning and implementation of comprehensive fundraising programs. The Director of Development raises major and leadership annual gifts from private sources in support of the Colleges current operations, endowments, and other approved projects and capital priorities and works in close cooperation with University's Central Advancement office, dean, center directors, senior administration, faculty, and staff.
- In support of dean, outlines goals and strategic objectives for Colleges major gift fundraising program.
- Works in consideration of identified officer Performance Benchmarks and approved College priorities.
- Serves as primary staff for rated and assigned individuals and corporate/foundation prospects of $25K or more.
- Builds, manages and implements strategies for a portfolio of approximately 130 major gifts prospects.
- Targets major gift solicitation, generally within a 6-18 month timeframe.
- Serves as primary Advancement staff to Colleges leadership boards, as appropriate.
- Develops and implements field research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Conducts face-to-face contact with assigned prospects and donors.
- Attends monthly and quarterly advancement staff meetings, DOD meetings, monthly one-on-one meetings with supervisor, key meetings of dean.
- Manages volunteers for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develops individual prospects and cultivation plans, working closely with dean, department heads, key donors, program and center directors, and faculty as well as appropriate Advancement leadership, prospect research team members, other DODs, and central Advancement staff.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Five or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Higher Education major gift fundraising; Blackbaud Raiserís Edge & NXT
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 07/03/2019
Job Closing Date: 7/24/2019
Special Instructions Summary:
Bachelorís Degree and Five or more years of related work experience
Information and Application Process Instructions
- To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/60414
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
more information or to submit your resume you can contact
Human Resources Department
as shown below.
If you apply for this position, please say you saw it first on www.AcademicCareers.com. Thank you.
Human Resources Department
Please Apply as Included Above
Tell a Friend About This Job
Enter your friend's email address...