Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Education
University of the South Pacific
The School of Education in the Faculty of Arts, Law and Education is the leading pre-service and in-service teacher education institution of excellence within the Pacific region. It upholds quality learning and teaching, and provides educational services as well as professional development programs.
The University provides support for cutting edge research and innovations and has good ICT facilities and satellite links to most countries in the region. USP offers programmes through distance and flexible learning in a variety of modes and technologies throughout USP's 14 campuses.
School of Education is entering a new and exciting phase of development and is seeking experienced and dynamic individuals to join the School of Education and lead the University's initiative in the following key areas: Teacher Education, ICT Education and E-learning, and Distance and Flexible Learning in the University and across the Pacific Region.
The appointee will:
- Coordinate courses in Learning & Teaching within the School's Teacher Education programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Coordinate Practicum programmes;
- Be expected to contribute to the other courses offered by the School;
- Be responsible for postgraduate supervision; and
- Assist in developing the School's links with it stakeholders.
For Appointment at the Senior Lecturer level: Completed a PhD in Education, in the field of Sociology of Education with a focus on teaching and learning with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or significant (normally 10 years) tertiary teaching experience;
- An established record of research and very good publication in the relevant areas in ranked journals;
- Experience in supervising Masters and PhD thesis;
For Appointment at the Associate professor level: Applicants must also have, academic excellence, outstanding contribution to teaching and/or research and/ or scholarship.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Knowledge and experience in teacher education, online learning and teaching at university level. It is essential that you are self-motivated, a team player, are committed to the organisation and have knowledge of the South Pacific region.
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of the South Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com